2020 Parks Projects
Drainage and Erosion Repairs
Construction has begun on this project which will address drainage and erosion issues at five sites, including:
- Blackwolf Park (south-east area): July 20 – 21
- Elizabeth McKillop Park (north fenceline): July 23 – 24
- Pavan Park (bottom of the hill, on the equestrian trail): July 27 – 30
- Coulee Creek Park (east fenceline): August 3 – 6
- Indian Battle Park (pathway that connects The Galt to Fort Whoop-Up: August 10 – 28
The work entails drainage improvements using a combination of drain tile, catch basins, regrading, and repair work.
- Pathway 8 is in the design phase and will be constructed next year.
- This pathway will connect Legacy Ridge to the off-leash dog area in Peenaquim Park and includes a steel staircase.
- Pathway 17 construction is complete,
- This pathway connects Mayor Magrath Drive to 43 Street South
- Pathway 24 was cancelled
Playground Rubber Surfacing
Construction will take place in 2020 for the replacement of pea gravel playground surfacing with poured-in-place rubber surfacing at four existing playgrounds, including:
- Bluefox Park
- Fairmont Park
- Lakeview Green Strip North (Active 20-30 Playground)
- William Pearce Park
This project will replace the existing rubber surfacing at Henderson Park playground as it has reached the end of its useful life.
Rubber surfacing will increase the safety and accessibility for these playgrounds.